Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Radio Days #3

Well, things were very eventful this past week at the station. There was a student from the montessori middle school interning for the week and one of the board operators has an intern from Clarke Central who started coming in last week as well. It's a small station so with three added people running around the building things were slightly hectic. Also with three teen aged minions around ready to do whatever needs to be done there wasn't a lot for me to do. The girl from the montessori school won't be there this week though so I'll be back to running to a fro and back again. I didn't get a chance to run the board for African Perspectives last week because the host, Akinloye Ojo, has been sick recently, but if he's better this week I think I'll finally be able to run the board. My sponsor, Michael Cardin, told me he might let me read a station ID on the air sometime soon or maybe even read the weather report. Being on the air will probably have me shaking in my boots, but in an excited way. Last week I mainly ran around the offices and searched the internet for Georgia Labor Law posters that needed to be updated. I really wanted to find one that was out of date so that I could replace one, but they were all current. It was work that needed to be done though, Michael was really glad that it got done, and it was sort of gratifying to finish something; as soon as you finish something at the radio station you have to start on next week's work. Things are constantly moving at the station, you barely get two minutes to sit down before something happens and you have to rundown the hall. Even though sometimes there isn't a whole lot for me to do, the place in general is busy and I like that about it.

1 comment:

carrie said...

Very thorough. I know you by far are the MVP of minions at the station! Be sure to let me know when you think you'll be on the air. I would love to hear you!

Keep up the good work.
10/10 points.