Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Radio Days #2

So I've been working at the radio station for three weeks now and I have to say, I was pretty bored the last time I was there. I wouldn't say that the thrill is gone, but I think the honeymoon is over. The building and the rooms in it are all familiar now, and I walk in with a sense of knowing what I'm going to do for the next three hours. Luckily I'm going to start learning about the technical aspect of radio in the coming weeks. My sponsor, Michael Cardin, told me I would be learning how to run the board this week by helping him record the show African Perspectives. By the end of my hundred hours he says I'll be running the board live on the air while he hosts a show called Afternoon Concert. I find this to be sort of daunting and exciting at the same time.

1 comment:

carrie said...

At least there is excitement in the future! Let me know what the host of African perspectives is like. I love the vibe he puts off on the air.

20/20 points.